Gavin Chappell-Bates – Bad Faith / Good Faith – Single Review

The English agit-rock creator Gavin Chappell-Bates is finalising details of the LP – The Last One.

Gavin Chappell-Bates - Bad Faith / Good Faith

Gavin Chappell-Bates

Each composition featured has been of different texturing and the song Bad Faith / Good Faith, which is being released as a stand alone single on the 8th of December (available on bandcamp), with its indie-dance vibe, is no exception to the pattern.

Whilst simultaneously inviting the listener to the dance-floor in a good mood Bad Faith / Good Faith equally implores the audience to stop being herded in to ‘acceptable’ silos of  behaviour as the lyric laments of a world in which living a life which is true to ones own beliefs is de facto the wrong thing to do unless they fit the proscribed uniformity of thought process.

Whether you listen to the song ignoring the dance invitation and preferring to ingest the lyric in contemplative mood I merely posit spending time in company will not be time you will regret spending.

For more music challenging the ‘norms’ join Emerging Indie Bands on Facebook.

Gavin Chappell-Bates – Church Of Rock ‘N’ Roll – Video

The English agit-rock creator Gavin Chappell-Bates was introduced earlier this year.

Gavin Chappell-Bates - We Are The Ones - artwork

Gavin Chappell-Bates – We Are The Ones – artwork




From the LP We Are The Ones (available on bandcamp) the first of the twelve tracks Church Of Rock ‘N’ Roll, discovers a more compacted fusillade of sounds than material previously featured. The piece serves as an anthem to his rationale for bringing his thoughts through the medium of music.

Requesting the listener casts off the references of ‘popularism’ to contemplate the underground creativity of those who generate original thought through which ever preferred medium, whilst acknowledging his is evidentially musically. The sparring fists pile into the listeners ears in a flurry of unceasing lefts and rights which reach to midriff, face and some unanticipated rabbit punches too.

Join Emerging Indie Bands on Google+ for more music videos.

Gavin Chappell-Bates – Refugee – Video

The English agit-rock creator Gavin Chappell-Bates will be releasing his début LP on the 8th of April.

Gavin Chappell-Bates

Gavin Chappell-Bates

With material that is both societal commentary and sympathetic Gavin Chappell-Bates is able to deliver his message without hankering for the speed dial as he delivers clearly sign-posted tracks, which musically are easy to engage and lyrically poignant.




Refugee is a song of current relevance, with a contemplation of both mass geo-political travel, whilst equally speaking of the world in which 1% own as much as the other 99% put-together and this month finds stronger foot-hold with statements of vilification by Mr. Trump, standing for President in the USA, of a religious grouping and a judgement today in the UK that permits four refugees in Calais (France) to be allowed into the UK due to relationship status with UK Nationals. Whilst Mr. Cameron, the UK Prime-Minister, announced tests that English Language skills need to reach a ‘Standard’ to allow continued residency for all who are not of UK origin. A decision I find abstruse as I find many UK Nationals seem to have never extended their language skills beyond a three year old. Compounded by being a Country where Welsh is also a recognised alternative National Language, yet not included in the semantics of racial hatred which sweeps much of the land.

I look forward to hearing the LP, which I hope to be able to review in full prior to release. A review I don’t expect to be replete with my own anarcho-capitalist perspective but, as you know if you are a longer term reader, I won’t pass by when opportunity arises, as the music of Gavin Chappell-Bates threads many furrows of contemplation.

social media page

Join Emerging Indie Bands on Tumblr for more music release news.